Travelling to Tioman Island
Private Transfers to Japamala Resort
We offer private land and sea transfers between Mersing, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
*Japamala speedboat transfer is currently unavailable until further notice.
Japamala Resort is located about two hours away from Mersing Jetty by public ferry, four hours away from Singapore, and six hours away from Kuala Lumpur. Timings are approximate and subject to traffic conditions. For guests travelling with us to Mersing jetty, your experience begins even before you arrive at our resort. Departing after breakfast, enjoy a mid-morning coffee stop enroute to Mersing. On your return trip, there will be an opportunity to break your journey for a scenic picnic with a wine and cheese basket.
To enter Tioman Island, a Marine Conservation Fee of RM 30 nett per person is applicable. The fees go towards a trust fund, which is used to manage and conserve the park.
KUALA LUMPUR – JAPAMALA RESORT
An overland transfer from Villa Samadhi Kuala Lumpur to Mersing is available at RM1,150 nett per couple per way. For guests returning from Japamala Resort back to Kuala Lumpur, you can look forward to a stop at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Malacca for a dose of history and heritage. This stopover is only available upon request.
A maximum of two couples per vehicle. Departure from Villa Samadhi Kuala Lumpur.
SINGAPORE - JAPAMALA RESORT
An overland transfer from Villa Samadhi Singapore to Mersing is available at SGD395 nett per couple per way. Guests returning to Singapore have the option of stopping at brand factory outlets in Johor for a spot of shopping. This stopover is only available upon request.
A maximum of two couples per vehicle. Departure from Villa Samadhi Singapore.
We would like to inform travellers of the following:
- Please be advised that a liability and release form will have to be signed prior to boarding the vehicle(s).
- Japamala Resort's boat service is currently unavailable until further notice.
- As limited seats are available, please make your bookings at least 3 business days in advance to avoid disappointment.
- The above transfer charges are valid from 1 March 2018 and 31 October 2018. The Management of Japamala Resort reserves the right to make amendments to the charges without prior notice.
- Please also be advised that should any stays during the Malaysian monsoon season be cancelled or unused due to the disruption of the ferry schedule or other transport services, there shall be no refund of payment made to us.
Travel Option to Mersing
Should you wish to make your own travel arrangements, Mersing can be reached via taxi, public buses or a rented vehicle to Mersing. Please visit the following site for bus ticket bookings: www.busticketonline.com
Travel Option from Mersing to Tioman Island
As guests cannot be ferried to Japamala directly on a public ferry, please alight at Genting village. From there, we provide transfers at a fee of RM30 + 6% SST per person per way. Advance booking is required.
Resort boat transfer are not obligatory and local boat taxis are available at the jetty. As they may not have the appropriate licenses and insurance coverage, the resort does not assume any responsibility if guests wish to use this mode of transfer.
Please be advised that in the event that the ferry or speedboat service for Mersing is cancelled due to unforeseen tide and weather conditions, Japamala Resort will not be held responsible, and no refund for any paid bookings will be made.